Thursday 10 April 2014

Evaluation Question 2


  1.  2   How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?



Final Music Video:




Music Video Audience feedback Draft 1:  
This is my first draft of my music video, i have added the relevant edits but there is some non-footage featured in two parts of this video. This is the plate smashing scene, i have yet to shoot. Although with that not added i am reflectively impressed and content with how it has turned out - i think it is successful. The narrative develops perfectly with the lyrics of the song which helps the audience understand it as it develops.

Or look it up on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV_PGoBIrrw

·         As I have got feedback for my first draft there were areas that I need to develop:The editing needs a little more work in my opening scene where the female appears on the Tyre swing, as it is a little jumpy and needs to be smoother for the fade in/appearing effect that i am trying to create.
·         The play fight scene in the bedroom is a little long so try variation or cross cuts. 
·         I love the sequence in the woods with the cross over fade & the female walking around very fast in the background - very effective. 
·         Why do they argue? It is not made clear. Does he cheat on her? Is that what leads her to slit her wrists? This part of the narrative needs to be made clearer. 
·         Your footage rewinds, is this to demonstrate he wishes he acted differently? Or does it show she does not die as we see them in bed again? Please make this clearer. 
·         Need to fill in the blank spaces with footage
 
Music Video Draft 2 Audience Feedback :

From this feedback i have been able to adapt or add new footage to my video:
  • I have adapted my opening sequence in attempt to make the editing more smoother for the effect i want to create. 
  • I have added variation to the play fight by adding other footage to make it seem more playful and couple-like, so it isn't as long. 
  • Why do they argue? To develop the narrative so my audience understands i have inputted new footage to explain why the couple argues. For this i have added the clock sequence cross over the female waiting impatiently as the male is late for a romantic dinner. Due to her frustrations that he is late she gets angry and sees her romantic meal as a wasted attempt and starts to mess up the table by throwing the plates at the wall. This then leads into my original footage of the couple arguing. As he leaves in a fury she is left to drown her sorrows in alcohol as she always messes everything up.
  • The footage rewinds to demonstrate he is rethinking the argument and it clicks that she is self-harming - this leads into the footage of the male running back to the house to find the girl has self-harmed again in the bath tub. He feels responsible. And the footage rewinds as you see the couple happy, then the fight and it is left that the relationship has ended.
  • I have filled in the blank spaces with footage. 

Any further developments:

I still have to twink further with editing on some parts of my footage, to make the edits smoother but I am very pleased with how my video has turned out. 

Final Music Video & Ancillary Texts Feedback


Audience feedback questionnaire  
These questions i have created to get an indication  from the audience to see if they understand my music video, referencing to the narrative as i know this is a questionable area.

Feedback 1:
Name: Georgina Beaulah

FFeedback 2
Name: Jenny 

Feedback 3: 
Name: Liam Dale
Feedback 4:
Name: Ellie Horner

No comments:

Post a Comment